Our Noses! They’re funny things aren’t they? We don’t think much about it on a day-to-day basis, but we use it all the time. It’s right smack dab in the middle of our faces, literally in our line of sight, but we seem never to notice it at all as we go about our business. In today’s standards, our noses seem to have a big impact on our perception of beauty. A quote from a fellow surgeon states: “The nose is the most prominent and protruding part of the human face, so it’s immediately noticed.”
Here are some interesting facts about our nose:
- Women have stronger senses of smell than men
- A man’s nose reaches its full size between the ages of 17-19, and for women it’s between 15-17
- Rhinoplasty (or a nose job) is one of the top 5 cosmetic surgery procedures
So what is a Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery that aims to improve the appearance and proportion of our noses, enhancing facial harmony and/or correcting impaired breathing or structural abnormalities.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
- We can change the size of our nose, width, position, and profile
- We can fix and injured nose
- We can correct breathing Difficulties
- We can help create facial and nasal symmetry which can significantly improve self confidence
At Morrison Plastic Surgery we have been providing this service for the African American and Hispanic community for over 20 years. If you are a part of this community and are interested but don’t want to lose your natural and beautiful ethnic features, don’t worry. Dr. Norman Morrison can add symmetry without losing the features that make you, you!
Written by Philip Morrison,
Director of Business Development